Transport & Road Infrastructure Inadequacies in the Churnet Valley
• There is a current reliance on an inadequate network of roads and lanes.
• Concerns are already recognised by the Highway Authority, Staffordshire County Council.
• Despite this the District Council is promoting tourism expansion.
• WAG is in discussions with the Highway Authority on proposals to introduce a network of “Quiet Lanes” in the Churnet Valley under government legislation.
- WAG is currently planning a public survey to measure support for “Quiet Lanes” to inform more detailed proposals.